Thursday, June 7, 2012

People we leave behind

Today, I deleted one of my former bffs from my phone book. Well, she was more than just a best friend, she was my confidante, my philosopher, guide etc. But the operative term here is 'former'. There was no sadness as I did it. There was some bitterness up until this point. But not anymore. No matter how horribly insanely pathetically screwed up things get, people you call your own would still be there at least to hear you, even if it be for the last time. And in turn, would most certainly be able to talk to you about what's bothering them. The day that doesn't happen anymore, they're not worth a second glance.

So yes, metaphorically, psychologically, stupidly, I've considered myself a person of few friends so far. That's been rendered even literally now. Strange how the more people you meet in life, the more your circle expands, the fewer people you discover are worth retaining. Maybe it is for the best. How many relationships can we do justice to at any given point of time? And I'm not talking about having a relationship with your audience at a public meeting sort of thing.

It's not worth regretting ones we've lost. This is where their part ends. Let's be more aware of our story now, shall we? And so the heroine takes charge of her not so praise worthy life style and makes teeny tiny changes, building upon them, as she goes ahead. Uphill it is, from here. But she knows she has herself to rely on, always, no matter what. 

No comments: